23 March 2020, latest update November 1, 2020
Due to the dynamic situation regarding the coronavirus/COVID-19, the Städelschule has set up a working group that informs students and staff about the situation and develops preventive recommendations and measures. We ask all students and staff to carefully read and heed the following tips and recommendations for action. The Student Office and the Personnel Office are available to answer questions.
Current Measures taken at Städelschule
- The winter semester starts on November 2, 2020 in hybrid form with a focus on classroom teaching.
- The mensa will remain closed for externals.
- Library operation will continue with restrictions and limited availability.
- Workshops are open with appointment.
- All students, employees returning from risk areas classified by the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) are requested to present a negative corona test or to go home - or to your destination - immediately after arrival and isolate themselves (domestic quarantine). You must also report immediately to your local health authority (Gesundheitsamt). The corona test result must not be older than 48 hours. These regulations have been agreed upon by the federal and state governments. Here you can find your responsible health office (Gesundheitsamt).
- Study and research trips n risk areas classified by the RKI are not permitted
- Please continue to observe the hygiene tips already announced
- Current information on the regulations applicable in Hesse can be found here.
To avoid the risk of infection with the virus as much as possible, please pay attention to:
- adequate hand hygiene (regular hand washing, at least 20 seconds; pictograms here)
- Cough and sneeze etiquette (cough and sneeze in the crook of the arm)
- do not shake hands
- Please also avoid unnecessary contacts, gatherings of people and try to keep one or two meters away from your counterpart
Notice on risk areas
The university management's urgent recommendation is to avoid travelling to high-risk areas. If you are entering from a risk area, you will also find information here.
If you feel symptoms of illness (respiratory symptoms, fever) or have had contact with a corona patient within the past days, even if you do not feel any symptoms of illness, please note the following:
- Please inform the responsible public health department immediately (hotline in Hesse: 0800 55 54 66 6) and seek medical help (e.g. on-call medical service: 116 117), do a corona test
- Employees please contact the personnel office directly
- Students please contact the student office immediately
In order to minimize the risk of infection, please contact the Student Office and the International Office preferably by e-mail or telephone.