Monday, December 21, 2020 - Winter Solstice
7:00pm - 11:59pm PST
(Doors at 6:30pm)
Public, Multi-Room Group Zoom
w/ Twitch Stream for music
+ a Private Zoom for individual tarot readings
Hosted by Northwest Film Forum, Holocene (Portland), REDEFINE magazine, Crash Symbols Records, Pink Noise & Seattle Documentary Association
Enter a waking dream as Northwest Film Forum’s virtual space is transformed to celebrate 2020's longest night. Full of music performances, guided movement, wellness activities, participatory rituals, and countless inventions culled from subconscious states, LONGEST NIGHT is a communally-minded, staff-invented Solstice party that brings light to the year’s darkest day.
- Woozy movement meditation led by Matt Drews with sounds by livwutang
- Tarot readings with Elissa Ball
- Astrology readings with Hannah Piper Burns
- Musical performances from Yawa (aka Amenta Abioto), Hair and Space Museum, Crystal Quartez, and Moss Wand
- Sound, plant, and light therapy in The Biōm Experience with Mōksha
- A video art showcase (open call!) featuring NWFF Staff Members Paul Siple, Brenan Chambers (with his musical project, Plant Lab), and Vivian Hua
- Music video premieres by Dustin Wong (LA), Sondra Sun-Odeon (NY/LA), Crash Symbols Records musicians Man Rei (Estonia) and Diana Duta & Julia E. Dyck (Belgium) with a 50-minute album stream
- ciénaga's Longest Night mixtape set to visuals
- Live contour drawing with Fail Times - Dream Life dream exercises with former NWFF ED Courtney Sheehan
Longest Night 2020 will unify artists and organizations in multiple cities and time zones! To make sense of the digital space, we’ll be segmenting off into different Zoom rooms throughout the evening, which visitors are invited to drift in and out of to enjoy different activities.
The schedule continues to grow – visit bit.ly/nwlongestnight2020 to see the latest announcements.